We are looking for a profession housekeeper to attend to our facilities with integrity and attention to detail. Our housekeeper will create a clean and orderly environment for our guests and will play a critical role in maintaining and strengthening our reputation.
£11 per hour plus staff benefits
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits, and disturbances
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Change bed linen and make beds
- Replace used towels
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust furniture
- Clean public areas, like corridors
- Report any technical issues and maintenance needs
- Address guests’ queries (e.g. on additional services)
- Ensure all assigned rooms are clean and tidy by the end of the shift
- Follow hotel security guidelines
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Experience as a housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Experience with industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Good physical health and stamina
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- We are a Real Scottish Living Wage employer offering £11 per hour for this role
- Opportunity to live and work in an area of outstanding beauty
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Great rates of pay with salaried full-time, permanent opportunities also available
- You can also earn up to £3k per annum in gratuities which we pay out monthly
- Refer a friend incentive – for every new employee that you refer, and that works for 4 months or more, we will pay you £500!
- We strive to nurture and develop our people so you will receive an ongoing training programme and we will work closely with you on your Personal Development Plan
- Opportunities to train across different departments and gain recognised qualifications
- Our Starfish Rewards & Recognition programme celebrates all the wonderful little things we do each day that make a big difference to our lovely guests and each other
- Delicious free staff meals when you are working on shift. We offer healthy options but some nice treats too!
- You will get an additional day off to celebrate your birthday, we are big on celebrating YOU!
- Accommodation is provided both on and off site
- Two days off a week – if coming with a partner or friend then we’ll do all we can to match rotas, etc.
- We offer a shared gym membership for our local leisure centre
- You can take advantage of the cycle to work scheme and receive up to 42% off a new bike and accessories
- If you wear glasses we will support with a contribution towards a new pair of specs
- All team members have access to an Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support and advice for you and your family
- Free boat trip to enjoy and familiarise yourself with our amazing surroundings
- Seasonal staff parties and local social events
- ‘Family dinners’ where we come together as a team to relax and enjoy good company and great food
- ‘All About Us’ Afternoons – getting together to share an ice cream or pizza and a good old blether!
EXTRA BENEFITS WHEN YOU LIVE IN STAFF ACCOMODATION
We are delighted to be able to offer free staff accommodation both off and on-site. We have live-in accommodation available, suited to individuals or couples.
In addition you will also receive:
- TV and Wi-Fi
- Welcome pack including new bedding and everything to get you started
- Fortnightly click and collect grocery shop
- Travel allowance to get you here and for one visit home per season (UK only)
- Discounted staff meals when not on shift
- One guest to stay per season in your accommodation
BE OUR GUEST, AND BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TOO!
✓ 50% discount off bed & breakfast during the months of October to March (inclusive)
✓ 50% discount in our restaurants all year round
✓ 30% discount in our bars all year round