Walking in Ullapool
One day guided walking adventures
Embark on a one-day guided walking adventure with our local partners, McKenzie Mountaineering. Gain authentic and untouched views of the Highlands by travelling outside of the main village, to discover some of the most picturesque and hidden walks near Ullapool.
- Available all year round
- Guides can be adjusted to suit different ability levels
- Includes guidance from a qualified mountain leader
- A delicious picnic or packed lunch provided by our restaurant
- Home baking and refreshments provided during breaks
- Guests must provide their own transport to and from Ullapool
Hill Walks near Ullapool
Visit the heart of Assynt’s rugged landscapes by hiking to the top of hills and mountains and enjoy dramatic views of the coast, lochs and more. Visit the highest waterfall in Britain, Eas a’ Chual Aluinn, or brave the Ullapool Hill and Beinn Eilideach Loop.
The difficulty levels for the hill walks start at three and go up to four.
Walks near Ullapool
Visit stunning locations that are only a short forty-five minute drive from Ullapool. Breathe in fresh Highland air and enjoy breathtaking hillside and coastal views as you walk through remote trails, bypassing limestone valleys, splendid lochs and corries and much more.
The difficulty level for these walks starts at two and goes up to four.
Winter Walks and Snowshoeing
Our Highland landscape is forever changing and each season rewards us with unique sights and diverse wildlife. McKenzie Mountaineering aims to capture this beauty with their walks near Ullapool all year round but particularly in winter when we can be lucky enough to experience snowfall. Walkers can enjoy snow capped mountains during this time and try their hand at snowshoeing.
Our winter routes include:
- Bone Caves to Tralligil Caves
- Loch Toll an Lochan
- Sandwood Bay Circuit
- Posie Path from Culnacraig
- Cuileg & Gleann Mor Circuit
- Ullapool Hill & Beinn Eilidearch
- Little Assynt to Elphin
- Along the Coffin Road to Clachan Church
- Beinn Enaiglair
How to Book your Walk near Ullapool
As explained above, bookings are available all year round. However, walks are subject to availability. Contact us today to book your new adventure.